As a mother to a newborn, it is hard to find the time to drink a cup of coffee quietly or eat a proper meal – not to mention focusing on your beauty. However, as hard as it can be, you must be able to find some moments during the day which you dedicate to yourself. The following lines will show you how to be and feel beautiful after birth. You will find out that most of the tips that appear in this article do not require much effort and are quite easy to follow. It’s only a matter of deciding to do something for yourself.
Which clothes will better fit your body type and flatter your unique figure?
1) Avoid clothes made of thin cotton and satin. These fabrics tend to cling to problematic areas in your body you might want to conceal.
2) Don’t wear anything that may draw attention to parts of your body that have not fully restored their pre-pregnancy shape and size. For example, if your stomach is still swollen and large, do not put a belt on it. If your buttocks are large, do not wear tight jeans.
3) Fashionable T shirts and wide dresses can blur the abdominal area. Shirts that are open in the neck area can also make you look thinner.
4) Buy a good supportive bra that will fit your new breast size, especially if you breastfeed. Go here for tips about nursing bras.
5) Don’t underestimate the importance of high quality underwear. There are some brands that will make you feel comfortable and sexy at the same time. In any case, in the first months after pregnancy, it is advisable to avoid thong panties as they tend to reveal excess fat.
6) Beauty accessories can make a world of difference. It time to take out of the closet or buy bracelets, rings, necklaces. Jewelry does not have to be expensive to make you look beautiful.
7) Wear high heel shoes that give your body a nice posture and make you look slimmer. You don’t have to torture yourself for hours, but you can certainly make a reasonable sacrifice to look prettier.
Treat yourself: homemade peel off face masks
If you have neither time nor money to go to a professional beauty treatment, you can make your own facial mask at home using simple and available materials:
- a) For a peeling mask to remove dead cells and renew your facial skin, mix two spoons of cream cheese with a one and a half tea spoon of sugar and gently rub it on your face in circular movements
- b) To treat pigmentation spots on your face or body, mix a little bit of honey with a few drops of lemon and one spoon of olive oil. Rub it on the skin for 20-30 minutes and then wash with lukewarm water.
- c) Another mask to blur pigmentation spots and discoloration is composed of papaya puree mixed with two spoons of honey. Put it on your face evenly and let it hold for 15-20 minutes before you wash it.
- d) To give your skin a bright radiant look, add a teaspoon of honey and orange juice to a banana mash. Rub it on your face for 15 minutes and then wash with water.
Let your skin shine
Your skin may suffer from all sort of damages which are the result of 9 months of pregnancy. The good news is that most of these damages can be repaired completely or almost completely.
Postpartum stretch marks on the abdomen, chest and thigh are a common phenomenon. These marks are usually treated with a simple moisturizer and physical activity which will help the skin restore its elasticity.
More severe cases may demand more intensive treatment that ranges from chemical peeling to plastic surgery. To read more about the different treatment options for stretch marks, go here.
Hair loss and brittle fingernails
Ampoule treatments can be quite effective in strengthening hair bulbs and encouraging the growth of new hair. It is strongly advisable to avoid, at least temporarily, using a high-temperature hair dryer.
Brittle nails should be cut short. Do not use nail polish which can dry the nail and make it even more brittle.
For both hair and nails, certain nutritional supplements, such as vitamin B-complex and zinc can turn out to be highly effective. You should consult your dermatologist.
One final world
Being a mother shouldn’t come at the expense of being a woman. There is no reason you can’t be both. Your feminine beauty is always present unless you suppress it. Remember, a beautiful mother is a happier and, therefore, a better mother.