Visitors can view the cosmos through specially built and see spectacular exhibits that include the following
- A star projector accurately portraying the night sky on a planetarium dome
- Coelostat And Solar Telescopes
- Laser digital projection system that generates marvelous astronomical visuals
- A 76-foot diameter aluminum dome
- An interactive hall that show human progress in the study of the universe
- A lawn model of our solar system
- Images of celestial bodies, planets and stars
Visitors can also enjoy a full schedule of public programs, talks and presentations. There are some theater shows and special events like watching eclipses and meteor showers.
Highly recommended for parents and children of all ages, including toddlers, who are interested in astronomy.
Address: 2800 East Observatory Rd.Los Angeles, CA 90027
Telephone no. 213-473-0800
Admission: Free. Small fee for individual shows and programs ($3 (children) -$7 (adults) per ticket)
Opening hours: Tuesday-Friday 12 noon – 10:00 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday 10 a.m.- 10:00 p.m.
Parking: Limited parking space close to the Observatory at a price of $4/hour.
Facilities: Café, Gift and book store, Free WiFi
How to get there: Google Map
Visit the site’s homepage