The incredibly large selection of pacifiers for newborns you will find on stores and on the Internet is dazzling. Parents are, obviously, looking for the best pacifiers that will be suitable for their baby’s personal needs. These pacifiers can be made of either latex or silicone, come in special colors or design or may be specially built to support a baby’s developing mouth.
The most important things you should take into account when choosing a baby soother
1) Choose a product that meets the strictest standards. You had better pay an extra buck or two and buy the best pacifiers from a well-established manufacturer.
2) The baby’s age is an important factor. There are usually three main age groups that dictate the right size of the pacifier: from birth to 6 months, from 6 months to 18 months and from 18 months to 3-year-old toddlers.
3) Latex or silicon? Latex pacifiers are highly durable and elastic and they are better fit for babies who had already started teething. Their main disadvantage, however, is that exposure to the sun may cause them to wear out.
Silicon pacifiers are more resistant to the sun but are easily damaged from teeth biting and so they are recommended for younger babies.
4) The mouth guard of the pacifier must be especially thin and fit the baby’s face to enable breathing from the nose. Make sure there are two or more holes in the mouthpiece so that air can flow freely.
5) To avoid too much pressure on the jaws and teeth, the area that connects the pacifier to the mouth guard ought to be narrow.
6) How often should you replace a pacifier? Even the best pacifiers will not last forever and must be replaced after intensive use. Out of safety and hygiene considerations, you should get your baby a new soother every two months especially if the old one has biting marks, became sticky or its color faded.
The following categories will discuss all aspects related to pacifiers. They will assist you in choosing the best pacifiers based on your baby’s personal needs.